Thursday, July 1, 2010

Introduction

I have an addiction to shopping.  This addiction only appears in the markets and bazaars of foreign countries, where bartering is an art form and it's always done over a cup of tea.  The problem is that I have a meager budget for the summer and I've already spent my max on shopping, so in order to fill that craving (and to hopefully make a few extra rupees) I've decided to shop for YOU!

DETAILS:
I'm in India for the summer.  Based mostly in Jaipur (fantastic shopping).  I'm going to post pics of some of my favorite items that I've either bought myself or run across in the market with a brief description and price. 

HOW TO ORDER:
If you want your own little piece of India send me a message or post a comment. Specify the item and amount you want.  Feel free to make special requests (color/size), and I'll do my best to use them as a guide line.  However keep in mind that colors/designs will most definitely vary.  It's a bit of a surprise and part of the fun!  You can email me at karinagrace@gmail.com

DELIVERY:
Prices include delivery if you live in NY or AR.  If you live in NY you can pay for and pick up your orders when I return end of Aug.  If you live in AR then I can hand deliver your purchase beginning of October.  All other locations will have to pay shipping costs in the US (I'll be responsible for getting it from India to US). 

PAYMENT:
It's a trust system.  Most of you are my family and friends.  So if you place an order, you can pay me when I give you the item.  If there are any big purchases  we can make a special arrangement on a case by case basis.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Karina! How neet that you can do this! I have a friend that brought back a beautiful saree with a matching choli from India about 3 months ago for me. It's maroon with gold. However, I don't have a petticoat to wear underneath it. Would that be something that you could get for me? Do you know what it would cost?
    So great to see that you are doing well and traveling. ~Kareth

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab... I know the addiction to shopping inRajastan. Plan to be there again myself ... in Oct but I have so so much already and do not know what else to possibly buy!!!!! Of course that also will not stop me.
    Have a blast ... keep up the good work!!!!
    zuni
    not sure I did this right

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like I did it right ...

    ReplyDelete